patrimony and tourist
Maragogi was a primitive population call Gamela and it was part of
the municipal district of Porto Calvo. It participated active in the
fights against the Dutches. The population combats against the
invaders in the district of Barra Grande, Barra de Piabas and Piabas
do Bom Sucesso.
The resolution no. 681, of April 24, 1875, created the town giving
Isabel's name. Dismembered of the municipal district of Porto Calvo,
it passed to be called Maragogi and became city through the law no.
15, of May 16, 1892.
Fonte: Secretaria de Cultura de Maragogi